Frequently Asked Questions
Where should I put my garbage & recycling containers and what time should they be out?
- Please set it curbside by 6:00 am on your day of service.
What do I do with paint and chemicals?
- We can dispose of paint cans that are either empty or in which the paint is completely hardened.
The lids need to be removed so we can view the contents of the container. Chemicals should not
be disposed of in the garbage. If they are full, please call for information regarding hazardous waste.
Empty containers can be placed in the proper container for either trash or recycle.
Can yard waste be disposed of in the garbage?
- There are separate rules for different areas of service. If you have any questions, you can contact
us by either email or by phoning our office at (712) 737-2645.
How do I dispose of appliances?
- Appliances can not be mixed in with your normal household trash. We can schedule appliance
pickup for a special charge depending on your area. Please contact us for further information.
Can I pay my bill online?
- Currently we do not have online bill pay. We will be looking into this option in the future and
will update you when that is available.
Do you take credit cards? Is there a fee? Which cards do you accept?
- We do accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express for your convenience. There is no fee for this
service and it only takes a few minutes on the phone.
What if I have extra garbage or need a special pickup?
- Extra garbage and special pickups will be taken for a small additional fee. Just call our office the
day before trash service to schedule the extras and/or special pickup to be taken. Extras and
special pickups will be left unless OC Sanitation has received a phone call granting permission to
take them. Please call for scheduling. Dumpsters are also available in a variety of sizes—call to see
if this is an option for you.
- For residential pickup in Orange City, Alton and Merrill, tags can be purchased from the city
office and placed on any extra can or bag above the allowable pickup amount
How do we dispose of larger items such as couches or beds? Is there any charge?
- Larger items can be picked up the same as extra or special pickups. There is an additional cost,
so please call to get the cost of specific items, as the prices may vary.
What are your office hours?
- Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm.
What is your billing cycle?
- Commercial customers are billed on a monthly basis. Residential customers are either billed
monthly in advance or quarterly. Monthly billing is offered if preferred.
What if I am moving?
- When you move from one location to another within our service area, be sure to notify us in
advance so your service can continue without interruption. If you move out of the area, call us to
terminate your service.
Where are you located?
- Our office is located at 710 Ohio Ave SW, Orange City, IA 51041.